Region 2: MVC
Mountain View Corridor is using a phased construction approach designed to balance transportation needs with available funds. Initial construction includes two lanes in each direction with signalized intersections and biking and walking trails. Future construction phases will build out the remainder of the corridor by converting intersections to interchanges and adding inside lanes to achieve a fully functional freeway. Mountain View Corridor will eventually be a 35-mile freeway from I-80 in Salt Lake County to S.R. 73 in Utah County.
MVC 2017-2018 Emphasis Areas
•EDUCATION, COLLABORATION, INCREASE CAPACITY Successfully complete MVC 5400 south to 4100 South - Connecting GTI, Fetzer, Frito Lay,
- Opened November 18,2018 Opening event
•INTEGRATED TRANSPORTATION – Obtain ROW, Design Advertise and construct 2100 N. MVC extension in Utah County. Advertise July 10, 2018
• INTEGRATED TRANSPORTATION Active Transportation Develop a Phase 1 Transit alternative that is supported by the Local Governments, Costs less and has better modeled ridership than the current Phase 1 Transit (BRT).
- RTP changed to reflect Express bus replacing BRT
- Written Support from Salt Lake County, Salt Lake City, West Valley City, South Jordan, West Jordan, Herriman, Riverton, Magna and Kerns Township
•INTEGRATED TRANSPORTATION – MVC 4100 South to SR-201 on schedlue
•COLABORATION – Ridge Golf Course Netting in West Valley City – Complete!
- 10 golf balls captured in the netting in the first week!
- None on the roadway!
•COLABORATION BETWEEN STATE AGENCYS -DWR and Le Kay Center Reconfigure -Acquire ROW, obtain Trade Agreements,
Redefined Phase 1 Transit
Phased Implementation Schedule
Station 224 Relocation
•Site selection Complete
•Property acquired Jan 2018
•Design Complete July 2018
•Construction Complete June 2019
•Planned Move in July 2019
2100 North Extension
•Project Funded through active risk Management of MVC 5400 South to 4100 South
•Phase 1 of MVC from 2100 North to SR-73
•Advertised for Construction July 10, 2018
•Major ROW acquisitions -168 Acre Trade
•Trail system under Redwood Road and 2100 North
DWR & Le Kay Center Reconfigure
•Property exchanges complete-Oct 2016
•Shot Fall study complete- July 2017
•Mitigation recommendation study complete-Feb 2018
•Interagency Agreement for mitigation executed – March 2018
•Range reconfiguration Construction underway March 2018
•All commitments complete by DWR Jan 2019